This, that and the other....

Life is never dull for me. Never. After competing at the METs and not placing
that well, I decided to challenge myself and see if I could give the judges what they wanted. Jeff stepped in this time around as I prepared for the Atlantic States to shift and change some things in both my diet and training. I did an enormous amount of cardio ate a way better balanced diet with higher fat intake, and lifted a lot less. The lifting part made me very very sad but in order to soften up and not get as muscular I had to do it. The tweak in the diet actually worked out very well for me. Not only was I feeling great and had lots of energy but I was eating stuff I actually LOVED eating, like steak, mixed nuts, and rice! I was also having a weekly cheat meal which consisted of cheeseburger and fries. Now, how wrong can you go with that? The cardio was also very exhilarating because it felt relaxing believe it or not. I didn't mind the extreme amount of cardio one bit and actually looked forward to it. I maxed out at something like 2 hours and 10 minutes daily toward the end. The end results is that the judges got what they wanted. They loved the "look" I presented and I placed 3rd right behind 2 current Pros. I received nothing but praises, especially on that stubborn back side of mine who finally appeared tighter on stage. Jeff helped me with everything from being my daily encouragement, to kicking my ass by keeping me on track, to helping me...no, better like making me practice my posing, which needed MUCH help. I had no idea how much I needed to update my posing since I was used to the more stiffed bodybus and 10 minutes daily toward the end. The end results is that the judges got what they wanted. They loved the "look" I presented and I placed 3rd right behind 2 current Pros. I received nothing but praises, especially on that stubborn back side of mine who finally appeared tighter on stage. I had no idea how much I needed to update my posing since I was used to the more stiffed bodybuilding like posing. The time and energy we took in practicing my posing also made a big difference on stage. Now, what the future holds for me is yet to be unseen. I will say that I feel like I have this sort of "momentum" going on and I don't want to miss a beat. What this means for me is figuring out what to do next. I made a decision to compete again...in October and possibly do a national level show. This goes against my rule of only 1 to 2 competitions per year. I feel different this time around...can't quite put my finger on it, but I am not nearly as drained or feeling crappy as I have felt in the past. Maybe my body has become "seasoned" or "conditioned" to the lifestyle. I dunno. If I don't compete at Nationals this year, I might wait till next year to do a national "debut" show but, I will be in Master's division. MASTERS?!!! Can you believe it?! Yuppers...my ass is getting old and competing against the 20 and 25 year old ladies might be a thing of the past for me. Although I loved giving the judges what they want in order to "play the game" and place well, I also know how I like to look. My goal is to "blend" both looks from the Mets and the Atlantic States and see how that goes. What that means is being able to attain both muscularity and conditioning but with softer lines. I am actually excited about how this will turn out!
I'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts SO PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!
pS. Photos, updates, etc. will be posted on my website soon! As usual, I killed yet another piece of computer equipment which happens to be a yearly thing for me now.
I'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts SO PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!pS. Photos, updates, etc. will be posted on my website soon! As usual, I killed yet another piece of computer equipment which happens to be a yearly thing for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment