Pre-contest Updates #1

about 12.5 weeks out
Some time ago an old buddy of mine, Ron Harris, mentioned my pre-contest updates as something that people used to enjoy reading. As life got busy and different means of communication became more popular, I stopped writing and mailing out my updates. My website was revamped and I moved away from doing one of the things that made me connect with others. Friend, family and fans alike enjoy reading transformation stories. It's even better when the transformation is current and happening right before your eyes.
I am currently about 11 weeks out from my next show and I am very excited about the process. It's been a couple of years since I've been able to put 100% of my focus into a show and this includes the suit details, my food preparation, etc.

So I'm excited to give you the updates from these past 2 weeks. As I wrote in my previous blog, I'll be working with IFBB Pro Fakhri Mubarak this year.
BACK - 12.5 weeks out
BACK - 11.5 weeks out
The diet that was given to me for now seems rather easy and satisfying. I get to have some steak, plenty of greens, and although low, I still get to enjoy to have some carbs. The cardio I am doing is also very different and I can tell you it is working! I started out at about 125lbs and by the end of the first week I was down to 119lbs. This is all from being meticulous about my diet and consistent with my training. For anyone who doesn't think this alone can make significant changes, I beg to differ.Anyway, I'm doing the step mill and/or 15.0 incline on the treadmill.
A week later - 11.5 weeks out.
11.5 weeks out
One thing that I thought I'd be enjoying is the amount of fish I have to eat. Not so much. I wish I could include salmon but I am limited to white fish and I think I am going to look for an alternative very soon. Can't do it much longer! And the smell...yuck!
The most noticeable change are in the pictures of my back. You can see my waistline getting a little tighter and my V taper coming in more. So exciting!
 My training is still pretty much the same it's been for years, although the methods, reps, and the order of my exercises varies depending on how I feel and what muscle group I want to hit.
My training split is as follows:
  • Chest/Arms
  • Legs
  • Shoulders
  • Back
I train abs whenever I feel like it, but it's honestly not that often I do. I'm trying to change that and train them at least once a week.I'm also incorporating a calves exercise or 2 every day I train. They need improvement thanks to my chicken legged family.
Right now I don't have to worry about double cardio sessions thankfully!Those can become challenging when you have other things to attend to in life but when there's a will there's a way. Even though I train intensely at all times, especially during contest prep, I also acknowledge that I am getting older and I have a nagging shoulder injury so I have to be very careful. I don't lift as heavy as I used to and I'm fine with that. Training heavy to me doesn't equal training with intensity anyway.
That's about it for now guys! If you enjoyed reading this brief updates and have any questions on any particular foods, training routines, methods, etc., don't hesitate to request a blog about it! Thanks for your continued support! Let's do this!
12 weeks out




No comments:

Post a Comment