The SweetCapri Booty


Gravity is a bitch. Yup, I said it. Chances are, if I didn't work out the way I did, my booty would be down to the back of my knees by now. I've been told by judges over and over to "bring my glutes down". That's the politically correct way of saying - "girl, your ass is big and you need to tone it down, firm it up or something!". Over the years that was one of my main concerns. I stressed about it a lot. But then when I did lose the booty, I would feel all depressed and like I wasn't myself. I am happy with the way it is now. I can live with the fact that if I'm on a stage and stand next to a woman with no ass, mine will look 100x bigger. That's cool. I've accepted that. Thanks to JLo and the likes, booties have become fashionable again. I've had women at my gym commenting on my "perky big booty" and how can they can get one. I've heard other women in the industry wanting to have a booty like mine. I've even had random people asking me if they could touch it...ironically, all women! So ummm, yeah, I'm ok with my booty. But I'm thankful for all that I've learned to keep my glutes nice and tight and I'm happy to share that with you all! First of all, regardless of whether I am training for a competition or not, there are 3 things that have been crucial to maintaining nice and firm glutes: a good, clean diet, some type of lunge exercise, and squats. You can't have an ass without legs...you need to build those up too! Besides, how is the booty going to stay up and perky? Below are the particular exercises that I find extremely helpful and important and what my GLUTE training day looks like more or less:
  • Walking lunges - 3-4 x 15-20
  • Smith Machine Squats (or use the squat rack) 3 x 8-10
  • Front squats (I go down real low as if I were about to sit down) 3-4 x 15-20
  • Leg presses 3 x 15 - 20
  • Side Lunges 3 x 15
  • Sumo Squats 1 x failure
Simple right? Yeah...umm, NO! I guarantee your booty will hurt for a bit, but it will be nice and tight in the long run. There are certain things we can't fight against when it comes to gravity, but I believe the booty ain't one of them. If you work at it, it will win!

I hope this was helpful! And don't forget to keep a clean diet and add a bit of cardio!


xoxo


SweetCapri





No comments:

Post a Comment